When you've been involved in a car accident, it's important to seek whatever medical care you may need. No one imagines when they climb into a car and buckle up that they’re going to be in car accident that day. And although we have air bags and higher safety standards to protect drivers, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children age 4 and every age from 11 to 24, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Incredibly, there were more than 5.3 million traffic accidents (car accidents and motor cycle accidents) reported to police in 2011. And more than 2.2 million people suffered injuries from those crashes.

Chances are, if you drive or ride in a car, you will be in a car accident at some point in your life whether you live in Virginia Beach, Norfolk or any other cities in South Hampton Roads.

When you’ve been involved in a car accident, it’s important to seek whatever medical care you may need.

You should also consider hiring an attorney. At Joynes and Gaidies Law Group, we help ordinary people who have been injured in automobile and motorcycle accidents.

It’s also important to remember that while insurance companies are promptly there to take your information and determine damages, you still need someone with experience on your side to make sure your expenses are covered.

The insurance company’s No. 1 priority is to seek out ways to keep compensation figures low and protect their budget.

Many car accident or motorcycle accident victims feel guilty about hiring an attorney because they don’t want to financially penalize another driver who meant no harm. But the ones they end up hurting are themselves. Drivers pay premiums specifically for these situations so that no one ends up bankrupt trying to pay their medical bills.

Make sure you protect yourself by seeking the legal advice of Joynes and Gaidies. Our knowledgeable team of personal injury lawyers, which has more than 100 years combined experience, has helped clients receive some of the largest settlements in the country for catastrophic vehicle accident injuries.

Please print out our Auto Accident Checklist to keep in your glove box should you be in any type of auto collision.

Click Here for the Auto Accident Checklist

  1. May 13, 2014

    Excellent content for Personal Injury Law. I am in Idaho. Perhaps we could assist each other in the future?

    • September 30, 2014

      Is the court summons for a tfrafic violation or is it for financial compensation to who you hit. Even though it was a pile up, you it car #4, that is your fault. Car #6 is at fault for hitting you. So, if Car 4 is suing you for damages, tell your insurance company, they handle that.If you are being summoned for a tfrafic violation, get yourself an attorney, that isn’t something the insurance covers.

  2. July 18, 2014

    If there has been loss of property or automobile damage, keep them
    as evidence. Do not put that in the hands of someone who
    is not trustworthy. While you’re following
    your doctor’s instructions, accumulate any and all paperwork and
    details associated with the automobile accident.

    • September 30, 2014

      Most definitely you slohud respond! Ignoring the summons wont make it go away. In fact, it will probably make the situation worse. Contact your insurance company and/or lawyer and see what they have to say about it. It could be that you are just being called in to tell your side of the story regarding the crash (especially if you weren’t the one who caused it). Good luck!

  3. When you get hurt due to the carelessness of a third party
    offender you have the best means to take the help of an injury attorney to revive from this fatal condition. Even if
    a state in an ‘at will’ state, where both employer and
    employee can terminate the employment relationship for any reason, this
    doesn’t always apply to workers comp cases’but there is
    a fine line. To find an attorney that specializes in personal injury & workers compensation it is important that you are willing to
    do a bit of research about him or her.

    • September 30, 2014

      You have to go to court. Your insurance suttas has nothing to do with this.Definitely contact the insurance company to see if they will have a lawyer present. If so, that lawyer should represent your interest, but be prepared to ask for a lawyer if there are any claims being made against you and contact the opposing attorney’s office beforehand to find out if you are being called as a claimant, defendant, or just as a witness.

  4. September 30, 2014

    Hiya:You need to let the insurance coampny know that you got a summons. ASAP!Appears suit has likely been filed to protect the statue of limitations. (If you have a claim and don’t settle before the statue runs an allowable amount of time to make/settle a claim the only way you can still make a legal claim is if you file suit which extends the period of time to settle .)Failure to answer the summons by the time limit results in a default judgement .which is not good.A decent attorney can get the default vacated but ..you don’t want to do anything to jeopardize your insurance coampny’s handling of the claim.Get it turned in ASAP.Goodluck!~jifr!

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.